Cartridge and Phono advice for Classic 3

Im purchasing a VPI Classic 3 and have been trying to find the best MC cartridge and phono that i can get for it in my price range. The system I have is all tube and I would like to maintain that with the phono but am open to solid state components as well.
I am considering the lyra delos cartridge as well as the Fosgate Signature V2 phono...
Any suggestions or guidance?
The budget is max $5,000...right now I see it as about $2,000 for the cartridge and $3,000 for the phono but am open to any suggestions on a different distribution.
Thanks in advance for any help!
kpede683
Pbn-Peter
I think he must have thought he was using an integrated amp that had a phono section built in. In the older amps there was always a phono input that could be used with MM gain cartridges. Today integrated with built in phonos can have op[tioned MM and or MC inputs.
I don't think he was thinking that an MM cart gives you line level voltages. I don't think so but maybe??
You can get a Herron VTPH-2 and a Lyra Delos. Cost is a few dollars over $5,000 but will provide excellent performance and great customer service.
I use a Manley Steelhead, which is a great phono preamp. Previously I used a SimAudio LP5.3 with PSX5.3 power supply. Also very good, just not as flexible as the Manley.