Wood glue method of record cleaning

Anyone ever try it? Sounds interesting but I'm afraid of any residue left in the groove ripping the stylus off the cantilever.
128x128zavato
Tommyboy65,

"It's funny, once the topic of wood glue is brought up, you get the typical snarky responses from people like Zd542, who know absolutely nothing about it."

Thanks. I take that as a compliment. No ones ever called me snarky before. The names they usually call me always end up getting removed by Audiogon.
It has worked for me, although I reserve it for my old-since-teens beat favorites. I've read page after page of online discussion of this method and have never read a single mention of a stylus or cantilever actually having been damaged. When you see how the Titebond II behaves on the record, this is easier to understand.
Tried it, record came off beautiful looking, caused no problems, but did not seem to fix any ticks and pops.

The only thing I've really seen consistently make records quieter is the Audio Desk system. Over the course of 30 years I have tried others, starting with Nitty Gritty, and noticed no improvement of any consequence other than records looking nicer.
Sounds to me like the guy on audiogon who is such a big believer in Bose 901 speakers and wants you to put some type of teflon tape for all the exposed plastic pieces sticking out of the speaker. Claims it makes them the best speakers in the world!! (No, I have not been sniffing glue myself.)