Best vintage or modern tonearms for Denon DP 80

Hello,

I am looking for a tonearm for a Denon DP80 TT.
Are there any suggestions for a tonearm under $3000.00
easy to set up.

What do you think of a PA 5000 tonearm?
Audiocraft 4000, Victor 7054, Victor 7082
Sony PUA 7, PUA 1500, 1600

Thank you in advance.
Lea
lleall
I am having a plinth made of mdf, with compartments to add load, delrin mat by Hans L. That has 2 boards: drilled for victor 7084 and
SME /graham, with extra ones for future use

I did buy a victor 7084 tone arm but would eventually like to add a dynavector 507mkii or graham phantom supreme.

I like the dynavector because I have been told it is a good match for the Denton DP80 and I like being able to change carts. I have a few vintage ones: grace f9D,9E, 9ERuby, supex 2000 ruby, supex 900
Garrett p77, garrot p87 mc.(thanks to the forum). Also looking for Lyra Delos .

There aren't many graham ph supremes on the 2nd hand market probably because it is a keeper for most buyers.
I don't really think my budget can stretch to retail price GPS , if a dynavector 507 mkii can give me most of what I want @ 2nd hand price.

I currently have an avid TT with SME IV arm, Benz ace sl cart that I don't want to change around. So the Denon TT will be my changeable setup for tone arms +carts. I looked @audiocraft 4000 but so dear that I may as well buy 2 nd hand modern or even retail gps.

Thanks everyone for suggestions/recommendations

Lea
Thanks, I did get a recommendation for fidelity research 64 but I found the victor 7084 with cable, weights, mounting template & manual for $729 used
So couldn't pass that up.
The Victor is a "steal" among vintage Japanese tonearms at its current cost, IMO. I use a Dynavector DV505 with several different MM and MI cartridges, including the Grace Ruby, very happily on my DP80 and on my Lenco, FWIW.
Thanks, Lewm.
I did think the Victor with all its accompanying hardware and papers was worth 729 usd.
The other vintage Japanese tonearms were more. What do you think of the Sony vintage arms: PUA series? Or is the Victor capable of pretty much the same?
I like the look of the Dynavector ...very modern and sculptural looking....Hans L says it is a great match for Denon DP80.

What isolation do you use for the TT? I have just purchased Marigo feet. Thanks for posting.
Sincerely,
Lea
My DP80 is mounted in a slate slab, weighs about 75 lbs. For feet, I use three small cans of Mandarin orange slices in water, available at your local supermarket for about $6, total. To the bottom of each can, I affixed a Black Diamond Racing tiptoe, using double-sided tape. I had them lying around, could use any tiptoe. Odd as it may seem, the canned fruit works great to soak up energy.

I have no direct experience with Victor or Sony PUA tonearms, but the consensus is that both are excellent, probably similar since the designs are similar in many ways. I just bought a Victor QL10 turntable which will come to me with a 7045 tonearm, so I am about to find out how a Victor tonearm can sound.