Why will no other turntable beat the EMT 927?

Having owned many good turntables in my audiophile life I am still wondering why not one of the modern designs of the last 20 years is able to beat the sound qualities of an EMT 927.
New designs may offer some advantages like multiple armboards, more than one motor or additional vibration measurements etc. but regarding the sound quality the EMT is unbeatable!
What is the real reason behind this as the machine is nearly 60 years old, including the pre-versions like the R-80?
thuchan
Ironically, on my old thread, "Halcyonics under my tt. Wow" a guy just today tells of his use of SP Ultras on a Halcyonics.
Ct0517, just comparing the similarities not the differences :-)

Tbg, I am using Stillpoints as feet under my Copulare racks. what a diffence! I wouldn't use the original feet.

Halcro, agree with structural airborne issues. You may completely solve this problem by anchoring the racks with the concrete floor. In my case I used the Stillpoints under the racks. This improved a lot. Nevertheless you need to implement anti-vibration issues for the drive, motors, tonearm stands etc.

It might be also very crucial putting the speakers and subs far away from electronics and analog units.
Tbg, interesting!

you said;
I have a Nantais Lenco Reference on order. Some have said that other Lenco updates are perhaps better, but I doubt it.

Congrats on your new pce but the other comment made above how would you know this if you haven't actually owned from both sources and compared.

SP Ultra 5's;

I also have 4 under each of my speakers and to date are my preference and have heard numerous others trying under their tables with great success, I know of one manufacture also utilizing such as a standard when selling his "Steve D" Kodo The Beat table latest version.

With your speakers are you utilizing and connecting with the threaded nipples, do you have them snugged right up tight or do you have them backed off a few turns.
Dev, the use of the SP Ultra Five on the BMC Arcadias is a problem. The threaded insert into the shafts in the bottom of the speakers are from within the speaker and thus can be forced out by a threaded rod from below. The speakers come with spikes that have a threaded washer that keeps the thread being forced out. Fortunately the converter from 1/4 20 to M8 was insufficiently long to force the threads out.

Long story but my SP Ultra Fives are flush against the bottom of the speakers, which I know is not the best way to have them. There really is no alternative with these speakers.

Presently I have the Bergmann Sindre turntable and sought to get them to try the SP Ultra Fives but being Danish they will not use anything American made. However, the table is far superior on the SP Component Stand with four Ultra Fives mounted on the Component Stand, shockingly so.

I will use the same for the Lenco Reference. I have heard the Lenco Classic, the earlier Nantais Lenco mod versus two other mods and the Nantais was clearly better. I should also say that Jean's unit is cheaper.
I listened to this table back in the day and purchased a Micro Seiki BL-91 over it. The Micro have better bottom end and detail than the EMT 927.