Simon Yorke and VPI

Hi Folks:

Not only is a Simon Yorke table a work of kinetic art, the original S7 was one of the most rhythmic musical tables that I ever heard. This was several years ago.

Now, having heard the VPI Classic in two distinctly different systems, I can also state, without hesitation, that the Classic is a true reference turntable with a sound that rivals $10K plus machines. My jaw is still on the floor with what the Classic delivers for the price. I like it better than the stock HRX. The HRX with another arm is another discussion.

I am wondering if anyone has compared the Classic to the sound of the Simon Yorke, either the S7 or the newer 9 or 10?

Thanks for the info.

D.H
CT Audio Society
www.ctaudio.org
danhirsh
What cart did you use it with? Is it possible that the cart just happens to be better matched with the VPI?
I think the Simon Yorke's are fairly rare...I'd love to be able to hear one soon...
Never listened to any VPI which can be called a "Reference", same for Simon Yorke. I think, it is based on my electronics which can show the difference. There is better out there, with much more brain and technical understanding inside.