step up transformer?

I am running an ortofon silver meister on a Thorens TD-124. I have a Fosgate signature phono pre and am wondering what type of SUT I should use with this set up. I do not think I am getting the most out of the Ortofon at this stage.
fromunda
Dear Fromunda: I think that a good alternative is Ortofon, they design very good SUTs for its cartridges. Ask them.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
I am confused.

The Fosgate sig should have more than enough gain straight in, and as you know is designed for both MM, and MC.

Why is it that you want the SUT?

Do you want to bypass the first layer of amplification and switch to the MM position?

Bruce
Cartridge loading from 100 ohms to 100k ohms -- with stops at 300, 500, 1k and 47k ohms in between -- when I try to switch different loads with the knob there is no discernible difference at all as to sound. Maybe I am looking at this all wrong,shouldnt I be able to hear sonic differences as I move through various loads?
yes you should....it should be very noticable....I wish I could offer you help on why you're not hearing this...
Fromunda,

You can look up your cartridge specs on vinyl engine it says your carts output impedence is 6ohms.

Good 2nd hand step ups are Denon AU340, this has a 3 ohm setting and a 40 ohm setting for Denon 103 series cartridges. The 3 ohm setting would be ok, A U-Bros 5 (L) would be very nice in your price range. For more selections you could get a Ortofon T-30 but i have never tried one.