Cartridge loading

I have a Benz Micro Gullwing low output cartridge and supposedly has a load rating of >400 ohms. I am using an Einstein Turntable's Choice phono section which had 69db of gain and has four sets of interchangeable plugs to vary the load. The problem is, the highest load available is only 300.

When I checked with Einstein they said there is a 500 ohm "load" when using NO plug. They don't make any custom plugs so I am stuck with one of the four sets of plugs that come with the preamp. What does that mean sonically or electrically? What changes could one expect if a 400 or even 1000 ohm load could be applied? Is there an inherent problem with using no plug in the SE slot?

Thanks in advance.
128x128wynnosu
Post removed 
Phonostages will show different reactions based on their design. there is no Standard. Phonostage A with 100Ω will sound different compared to Phonstage B with 100Ω (for example). Simply try what is possible with yours and what sounds best, that's it. My choice for Benz is 47kΩ, but not many Phonostages can do that, some sound good, some are thin and analytical. Depends on Design...
Dear Wynnosu : Agree with Syntax post:
++++ " Phonostages will show different reactions based on their design there is no Standard......... try what is possible with yours and what sounds best, that's it. " +++++

Btw, remember that the IC cable has a impedance value too.

regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Your cartridge has internal ohm of 38. Normally 10 times the internal ohm would be the ideal setting. So it is 380 ohm in your case. Definitely try 300 ohm setting. 500 ohm (without plug) could be right depending on your system. I generally load higher to get a bit more top end, but that is my taste.
I agree with Audiolui, A novice or amateur needs some clear
quidance instruction. The 'experts' conditional: 'it depends' from 99+ variables is worthless for the others. One feels like leaved behind in a desert without water. But they, the experts themself, know everything better and need no advice whatever. Exampels: Syntax and Raul.
The so called 'rule' of 10 x internal value is such a quidance instruction. I used 500 Ohm for my Ruby 3 S and use now for the LP S. BTW the designer of (my) Basis Exclusive , Mr. Scheafer gives exactly the same 10 x 'rule' in the user manual.

Regards,