Squeezebox Touch with an Oppo BDP-105

Am thinking of getting the Oppo BDP-105 to replace my Denon DVD-2930ci. I use A Logitech Squeezebox Touch to play WAV & FLAC versions of my ripped CD's as well as HD Tracks downloads & internet radio. I use the SBT analog outs currently into a 2 ch preamp. With the addition of the Oppo I could use it as a DAC for the SBT. Should I try Digital coax, optical or Usb for best results? I believe all the outs on the SBT are active simultaneously so comparing the SBT DAC to the Oppo DAC should be easily accomplished.
Has anyone tried this setup?
128x128tune_man
Thanks for your input and recommendations Loftarasa. Keep us posted on your comparisons between Toolbox 3.0 and the EDO app Tonyangel. Will be interesting to see what you think when going back to TT3.0. A lot of people find improved sound from disabling wireless not because wired sounds better necessarily but because you are removing unwanted noise and unwanted artifacts by doing so streamlining the Touch so to speak. Google "Archimago's Musings MEASUREMENTS: Logitech Touch as transport!" Blog for some interesting Squeezebox graphs. One test shows no measured difference from disabling the analog outs. Should I try EDO first, then TT3.0 later? I would need to use a Wireless Bridge to go Wireless in my current setup. Thanks everyone!
I don't know how much of this stuff is system dependent. I really can't tell you how much of a difference disabling analogue outs or wireless makes.

I can say this, tough. With TT 3.0, you can use an SSH program to switch the display on and off, on the fly. I use my iPad to do this. When switching the display on and off, there is a definite audible difference for the better when you switch the display off. It's as though a slight veil has been lifted.

Of the two, I'd say that EDO is easier to deal with. It installs from the Touch itself from the 3rd Party App menu. Once you install it, all available changes can be made from the Touch, through the menus. When you want to uninstall it, you just go back to the menu and choose to uninstall it. Just make sure to uncheck the option to automatically reinstall it after an update, otherwise it will just reinstall.

TT 3.0 is a bit more involved. It requires a terminal program to transfer files to the Touch. It isn't hard and the instructions are pretty clear. All adjustments and available options are accessed through the use of the SSH program. The upside is that removing it requires nothing more than a hard reset.

Oh, TT 3.0 suggests that you change an option in the server software allowing the decoding to be done on the server. Be aware that if you are running wireless, you network may not be able to handle the bandwidth necessary for hi res files; the operative words being "may not."
My system is very high resolution, going from wireless to wired made a HUGE improvement. Wired sounds more contigous with less gaps. It shouldn't make a difference if the DAC buffer is large enough ...

I'm using EDO disabling analog outs and sound is higher resolution.
I am running my SBT with EDO, running USB into the digital input of an Oppo BDP-105. I can't say if this configuration is better or worse than using coax or optical into the Oppo, but for classical music stations with CBR/high bit rates, even from wifi, the sound is quite amazing thru Sennheiser HD800S cans, almost CD quality on chamber music. A bit mushy, though, on loud symphonic music passages.

But, I am having a problem. I turn the power off on both SBT and Oppo when done listening. Each time I power them up, the "Oppo BDP-105" digital output option disappears from the 'digital output' menu, and no music comes out of the Oppo. I have to reboot twice to get the Oppo DAC option to appear in the menu list. Anyone have a fix?