Paradigm bookshelf speakers...

Would a high quality but relatively small amp (like the 50wpc Creek Evolution 50a) work with the Paradigm Reference Studio 10 v 5, or do the latter need more power? What about the Paradigm Signature Reference S1?
Thanks!
mcanaday
Hello

any reason why you are focused on the 10 or S1?

I had the 20 v.5 decked out with brass footers on 2" maple plinths and they sounded really good. plenty of bass detail and stage, albeit, you need to run them at moderate volumes to appreciate them. But I had a 300 watt bryston amp driving them.

I auditioned the 10 vs 20 and for the little $ more, it was a no brainer to get the 20's. The S2's were even better better and I almost got them months later.

unless space is a constraint, I would take a listen to the bigger cuginos of your choices
Photonman,

Did you prefer the 20 because they had more bass and played louder or because they sounded better? In all of the places that I tried the 10s and 20s, the 10s had a better mid range than the 20s.
Tonyangel,

the 20's definitely had more bass and better lows, and when played at normal to moderate volumes, overall better sound to me, especially over amped on my system. In the low volume range, the 10 is comparable to the 20's where the details are not drawn out so well. A bose wave radio would give both competition at low levels.

but my last memory of the 20's is decked out with footers and plinths which I never did hear the 10's with.

in retrospect, if I had bought the S2's, I probably would have stopped there, but the 20's left me wondering too much for more.
Photonman, I'll tell ya, if you like the Paradigm sound, be sure to check out the Studio 40 v3, if you have the opportunity. In my experience, they were the best of the line.
There was an S4 version back when, that I would have loved for the bookshelf 3-way format.