Harbeth 30.1, odd USA pricing?

I was wondering if anyone knew why the USA importer for Harbeth speakers Fidelis AV has the 30.1 model priced so high?

Pricing in Cherry finish.
U.K. 2,529 Pounds or about $3,915 US Dollars
E.U. 3,150 Euros or about $ 4,145 US Dollars
Canada 5,000 Canadian Dollars or about $4,986 US dollars
The USA $5,990!

I understand about import duties and the cost of shipping to the USA but this still does not explain the $2000 dollar price difference compared to Europe. Furthermore, there is no solid reason why the same 30.1's cost $1000 US dollars more in the USA than they do in Canada.

Also curious is the USA and Canadian pricing of Harbeth Speakers are very similar to each other with the exception of the 30.1 model which is priced a whopping $1000 US dollars apart.

So what do you think? Is the current USA distributor price gouging on the 30.1 model? Or is there some other explanation?
mezzanine
Well this is very simple to answer. The US model sounds better. To prove it. Look at how much money you would have after buying the Canadian model compared to the US model. Less money left over for the US model, proof, it must sound better. ( I think the thing that drive cost of audio has more to do with what people are willing to spend than any consistent margin of profit model). Nice speaker though.
There really good speakers that are overpriced 1000.00 to 1500.00. I guess they figure if someone really wants them they are going to pay.
All ,

Some things to point out from a fellow manufacturer aware of the basics surrounding this situation (we teamed up with Fidelis AV at the past two NY Audio Shows and used 30.1s, so price did come up in conversations at the shows):

1. Canadian pricing may not yet reflect the current Harbeth UK price increases.

2. Starting June 1st, Resonant Woods stands will be included (a $700 dollar value) with the purchase of the M30.1 only as a promotion through Dec. 31, 2013. These are the stands shown at the NY Audio Show 2013.

3. Canadian Distributor has a handful of dealers, but mostly sells direct through its 2-3 stores. The U.S.distributor (Fidelis AV) sells through a dealer network of 20-25 dealers who need a decent markup to survive in this tough economy.

4. ALL Harbeth models sold in the U.S. for the last 5-6 years include the upgraded internal wiring which adds a considerable charge to the distributor and apparently get passed along accordingly.

5. The U.S. distributor has a consistent advertising program in the two major USA audiophile magazines and online and promotes the line at four to five audio shows per year. The Canadian distributor does a lot less of this.

The Harbeth 30.1 is a fantastic sounding speaker, but the customer will need to listen for themselves (hopefully comparing to others in this price point) and decide if they are worth it. I know that they have a very hard time keeping them in stock at the current price point, so there have to be people who believe they are worth the cost. Count me in on being in this camp!

Vinnie