Long throw 5 1/4 woofer??

I like very much my Totems Staff with a 5 1/4 woofer. The bass is very nice and deep (for a small woofer), however I wonder what do Totem Acoustic means by "long throw woofer". In their web site they do not list the x-max for this particular woofer. Any ideas about the x-max of this woofer?? Searching the web I found that the woofer is made in Poland (GDN 13/40/2) and in you tube there is a video where the woofer is feed some power so that its excursion is of about 3/8" one way!!! Can this little woofer handle safely an excursion of this magnitude?
tiofelon
3/8" isn't that much. Some subwoofer designs have excursions approaching 1"...

-RW-
Long relative to a tweeter which is next to nothing.

A rep told me JL audio fathum 13 has 3" of travel. No idea if it is true...
"Long throw", compared to what? Short throw? Sounds like marketing hype to me. Excursion doesn't mean squat if the driver can't produce believable sound; you know, vocals, acoustic instruments, etc.

Another thing, 5 1/4" is generally a midrange driver so while x-max may come into play when thinking about decent bass with "punch", a driver that small is bound to limit extension and dynamics.
I use a pair of very dynamic Silverline Preludes (latest model) with two amazing 3.75" (I measured 'em) aluminum/magnesium woofers per speaker, and they sound great...I use a good sub but still, they somehow kick it. I informally (I may have been wearing shorts) measured them with a test CD and they woof down to the upper to mid 40s or so (hype/specs notwithstanding). Gigantic double magnets on each woofer, and although I haven't actually measured the "excursion", excurse they do!
Excursion might move some air but getting anywhere near limits is guaranteed distortion. Makes it seem to sound louder though.