Replacement for Maggie's?

So I have been thrilled with my magnepan 1.6's to the point that I have upgraded every component to the point that even the power conditioner costs more than the speakers. My question as the headline suggests is that where do I go from here for speakers? I love the Maggie sound for its wonderful depth, life like size, and soundstage. Dislike its lack of bass. The rest of my gear consists of Ayre C5xeMP, Ayre K5xe soon to be MP, Pass Labs X250, APC S15, Grover Huffman XLR's, Signal Cable bi wired speaker cables. Thanks
harri009
Harri, I hope that works for you, but I highly recommend you look at Peter Gunn's website

http://www.indiespinzone.com/magnestand.html

I found all of it and there is a lot there, very interesting. And I'm glad I read it before buying 1.7's
Jeff, I've no argument with Peter Gunn's craftsmanship and a lot of people speak highly of his work, but much of what he aays about the 1.7's on his site is manifestly untrue. I'm not talking about his opinion of their sound, though it's a minority opinion. Rather, I'm talking about a number of erroneous assertions, e.g., that the supertweeter is a marketing gimmick.
I must say I have never listened to a pair of Gunn's speaker mods but I could never bring myself to pay him as much as he want. I would much rather spend the extra money and buy a new pair of 3.7's than to have his mod. There is also the issue with the amount of time everyone reviewing the Gunn's have had between the origionals and the gunned model. I would be very interested in hearing some impressions of someone that did a direct comparison with a unmodded and modded pair. After hearing the .7's I would have to agree with Josh.
Harri, I just looked at the pictures on your System. Unless you are a HUGE fan of "2001, A Space Odyssey", I suspect your wife would be more accepting of Maggies if they were not black. So I hope the 3.6s you have lined up are beige or off-white. I expect that may go a long way for finding peace in your home.

And fyi, I have read a couple of comments on direct comparisons (Gunn's site?) between stock and Gunned models. They are very similar to comments of those waiting a few weeks for their modded speakers to be returned.
Pryso, they are white with dark cherry. She did comment that the black didn't draw as much attention to itself so she liked the all black better. lol