Replacement for Maggie's?

So I have been thrilled with my magnepan 1.6's to the point that I have upgraded every component to the point that even the power conditioner costs more than the speakers. My question as the headline suggests is that where do I go from here for speakers? I love the Maggie sound for its wonderful depth, life like size, and soundstage. Dislike its lack of bass. The rest of my gear consists of Ayre C5xeMP, Ayre K5xe soon to be MP, Pass Labs X250, APC S15, Grover Huffman XLR's, Signal Cable bi wired speaker cables. Thanks
harri009
Try to find a pair of the current Martin Logan Reserve Series to give a listen. Nice big curved panels with a cone woofer or woofers. Crossover is between 270Hz and 375Hz depending on the model. The Summit X has 2 powered 10" woofers per side.

They are supposed to be the best integration between woofer and panel by ML yet.
Guys, I think the op is having some WAF issues. That is one reason he didn't want to go with the Maggie 3.7's. More planar suggestions may not be what he is after.
Brownsfan is on the right path. While I love what the 1.6's do I am craving the things that the appropriately suggested 3.7's would give, but WAF is standing in the way. The 1.6's are about as large as I can go. I guess I am looking for suggestions that have the good qualities of a planer and the full range of dynamic cones. Magico's are probably a little out of my range, while I am willing to wait around for a great deal about $5000 used price would be my max. Thanks everyone for the suggestions already, I know I am asking for a suggestion that may not exist at the price range.
Wow, that's a tall order. To get speakers that have a fair measure of the virtues of both planars and dynamics, you have to spend a lot of money, and typically deal with something that's very big, like the big Maggies, Apogees, or Sound Labs, or very heavy, like the big Magicos.

I'm thinking that you might take a look at dipole dynamics, like the highly regarded Linkwitz speakers, which are available in varying degrees of completion. They're reasonably sized and priced:

http://www.linkwitzlab.com/

I suppose a hybrid would also be a possibility, e.g., the hybrid Martin-Logans, but I'd want to listen first, not everyone is happy with the transition between the electrostatic tweeter and the dynamic woofer. The Sanders electrostatic/transmission line woofers are very highly regarded, but very directional.

You could also check out the GT Audio, which is a hybrid dynamic/planar/true ribbon system that sells for an amazingly low price. I don't know anyone who's heard them yet, but they received positive show reports:

http://www.gtaudioworks.com/

Then there's the Mini Maggie. It really does sound like a 3.7 on your desk. However, this is a near field monitor, best listened to from a few feet away. Essentially a single person speaker, but if that's all you need, it's an unmatchable bargain.

Finally, have you considered trading up to the 1.7's, and adding a pair of Maggie's little DWM woofers? The 1.7's are magnificent sounding speakers, and the DWM woofers will give you more slam on the low end, without muddying the bass as subs would (though you can always still use subs to fill out the bottom octave). The DWM's have been getting raves at CES, where they were paired with 3.7's:

http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2013/02/05/las-vegas-2013-magnepans-big-bass-boogie/
Harri, When I was auditioning speakers another dynamic speaker I thought had a lot going for it was the Dali Helicion 400 II. There is a Dali MS4 for sale now in your price range. Its a step up from the Helicon. You won't get the big sound of planars, but they are gorgeous looking, and I thought they were good with respect to timbre. Very nice reproduction of vocals. If you have a dealer close by, they may be worth a listen. If your wife objects to the looks of those I don't know what to tell you.