WireWorld HDMI: Starlight 6 VS Island 6

WireWorld HDMI: Starlight 6 VS Island 6

What should be the choice ? I know price big difference between the two.

But is it worth ?

Or you have other recommendations.

Thanks in advance
csukasem
Thanks! for sharing Johnnyb.

...laughing...

that thread is all over the place, a real mess. No wonder the OP got confused?
Johnnyb53,

Just bought a couple of the Redmere cables upon reading your recommendation and just plugged them in and wow, the picture & sound is amazing! Love that they are so thin & flexible also. I'm not going to bother getting AQ HDMI's now.

09-12-13: Jafant
Thanks! for sharing Johnnyb.

...laughing...

that thread is all over the place, a real mess. No wonder the OP got confused?

I run into this every once in awhile on various forums. When someone asks whether to get WireWorld or AQ for example, I figure he wants the best HDMI cable performance he can get. Well, what if there's a third option that operates on a new paradigm that's not so damn expensive and overbuilt? That's why I mentioned the Redmere technology by Monoprice. Add in Monoprice's guarantee and return policy and it's a no-risk experiment. Some may see that as off-topic but I see it as returning to the fundamental issue--getting a better picture and sound via a better HDMI connection.
With the 7 Series hitting the market, it is a great time to buy a WW Starlight 6.
I have the $1000 AQ Diamond Silver HDMI cable on loan and just ordered the Redmere monoprice cables given the recommendations here.

The AQ diamond made a significant improvement in the hd pic quality running from my cox cable box to my pioneer sc-79 AVR with a stock generic hdmi cable running into my sharp Elite 70.

I noticed much less motion distortion and it appears to have eliminated the occasional tiling distortion I was seeing. Colors are much better as well. My wife noticed right away as well.

I am not sure it made a significant pic improvement running from the oppo 105 blue ray however.

I need to listen more, as others have said there is a significant sound improvement. I did not hear it jump out at me with the Oppo, as compared to the improvement noticed in the cable box pic quality.

I will compare to the redmere monoprice cables when they come in and see if they are equal. They are so cheap I ordered 3 for cable box, Oppo and AVR to TV.
I am pretty hooked on the AQ Diamond picture improvement but would love to return it if these cable can equal.