7.1 SETUP

LOOKING FOR THE "BEST" SPEAKER PACKAGE MAINLY FOR HT USE. WILL BE USING BIG BOX RECEIVER BUT LIKELY WILL ADD GOOD AMP IN TIME AND USE RECEIVER AS PROCESSOR ONLY. BUDGET FOR SPEAKERS IS APPROX $5000 PLUS SUB BUT THAT'S NOT SET IN STONE. LOOKING AT APERION, ASCEND, ETC. INTERESTED IN USER SUGGESTIONS. ROOM IS RECTANGLE 20L X 13W X 9H. WILL USE FOR 2 CHANNEL AS WELL BUT ONLY WITH SONOS SO SUPER REVEALING ISN'T HUGE ISSUE. LOOKED INTO SALK AS WELL BUT PRICING ON THE WEBSITE IS TOUGH TO FIGURE. THX IN ADVANCE.
jamesw20
Thanks all for the help. I'm quite interested in the tekton option. Will have to see if I have room available. Sidssp I am leaning towards the theta amp you have to drive the system. I have considered the exact active option you mention. My issue is I swap pieces in and out for fun and fear that would prove challenging with actives.
Looking into the Tekton options, in your size room, I would recommend the Lore as your main speakers, and the m-lore as the surround. I have a very large room (35' x 15' x 8') and I am using the m-lore as surround speakers and they are excellent. Add a sub (Tekton offers some) and you would have a killer HT system that would sound excellent with 2 channel as well.
How about the new Enzo? Also, suggestions for mixing tekton speakers. I don't do multi channel audio so the surrounds could be bookshelf models.
In Regards to your H.T. setup I will recommend looking at OHM SPEAKERS I have used a number of different speaker systems for my H.T.,none of them have been as room filling as the mix of Ohm speakers that I now enjoy. The company has been in business for quite a while and offers a great upgrade policy.
Dennis
Unless you can audition speakers, I would be careful about ordering a full HT set of speakers from some of the companies mentioned. For example, both Aperion and Ascend have very user-friendly return policies.

Tekton has a 30-day trial policy like both Aperion and Ascend. Practically all critical reviews, and most user reviews, are very complimentary of Tekton. But, should you decide Tekton is not your cup of tea and you decide to return your 7.1 set-up, there is a 15% re-stocking fee and you pay shipping too. I don't know the SVS and Emotiva policies but should be very easy to find out.

Therefore, I would try and find some to audition, or if you live within a reasonable distance where Eric builds, you may be able to pay a visit there.

Elsewhere, I have read that some suggest ordering just the center channel (this goes for any brand where there are shipping costs and re-stocking fees to consider). The center speaker plays an important role in home theater. If you don't like the center, then you are out the shipping costs and re-stocking fee of just one speaker, if applicable.

After reading Andrew Robinson's review of the Pendragon HT system in his own home theater, I concur with Holley - your room is probably a bit too small for this particular set-up.

Good luck and let us know how things turn out for you.