B&K 507 has died. Thinking of going 2 channel?

I have a pair of kef 104/2 speakers that I originally paired with a Nakamichi PA7 power amp. I sold the Nak and bought the B&K 507 and a Kef center channel. The B&K has stopped working and I am torn between which way to go. I am going used due to financial situations (son in college). I am considering another Nak PA7 or something else 2 channel. The Nak with the Kefs always seemed a little dark to me. I would like to be able to remote the volume from my chair which the Nak CA5 preamp wont do. I liked the 507 till it died today. I did not care for the SR10 remote at all. You guys know what these 2 items sell for used, I just wanted some alternatives that would be reasonably priced. I have not looked at the market in ten years so I am definitely out of the loop. Thanks for any input.
tide
It's going to be tough to beat the B&K. You might look at ARCAM AVR 300 or NAD T753 now listed. You could also do a pre/pro amp combo like B&K Ref50 & ST140. Basically it's the same gear in 2 boxes. There is an OUTLAW 950 pre/pro for $200 and add amp of your choice to that. For just Stereo you could go with unique Tuner/pre Anthem TLP-1 and amp of choice. Linn made the all in one box Classik which might work for you. In stereo mode you will need to use the LR analog out on your cable box. Hope this gives you a few ideas.
Thanks for the input. I'll spend some time becoming familiar with your suggestions. I'm all over the board right now. I've bounced from another 507 to a Marantz 7005 and parasound power amp and a few different 2 channel in betweens. It's tough to decide when your in a rural area with no stores close by. I'm watching the buy sell area on the board and crossing my fingers. Again thanks!
I was wondering if the B&K 507 that I have has any value or do I throw it away? It has stopped receiving signal from the remote. It will make changes from the front panel but no sound. I am still undecided on its replacement.
Since 70% is for music, it may make more sense to go with a 2 channel system with a HT passtrough. Since your HT needs are modest, you can get HT components that cost far less than if try to get HT gear that sounds good for 2 channel. Or you can do what I do. Listen to movies in stereo and be done with it. (I find surround sound very annoying.)