Hypex NCore 1200

Greetings,
I plan to purchase the class D NCore 1200 amps.
Has anyone compared these amps against those class A or A/B amps such as McIntosh MC501, Passlab XA160.5 or Lamm 1.2!?
Thanks
primare_cd31
Thank you Al, I will contact TRL and find out the scoop about the TRL600. I will post any info in the public domain to Agon. G.
Guido, Here is the some what of a review of the Mola-Mola Amps that you are looking for. It is near the end.

http://www.stereotimes.com/post/a-day-in-the-life-of-gtt-audios-bill-parrish
Primare_cd31. I must say that what you are experiencing with the TRL amps is not what I have seen from the Veritas. That said the Veritas, as Guido has observed, do go through their own break-in period. Perhaps TRL does no pre break-in before they ship them.

By the way keep them ON ALL the time. They sound their best fully warmed up. They take a few hours to a day to sound their best after they are turned off. They use very little electric at idle.

That said I have not heard the Veritas do what you are hearing. And the Mola-Mola and Acoustic Imagery amps also.

Try lifting the ground on the amps by using a cheater plug and see if that works and let use know.

As an aside use some vibration control, I like Stillpoints a lot, and try some different power cords.

I have chatted with Paul Weitzel at TRL.... the TRL600 monoblock amp is indeed based on Ncore NC1200 modules. Each amp is housed in a half-size chassis measuring 7.5" x 4" x 15X. Rather than the usual 15A IEC connectors, TRL600 uses a Neutrik latchable power connector. The device is supplied with a custom power cord similar to an FIM cord. A conversion adapter is apparently also supplied for usage with 3rd party cords terminated with IEC connectors. There is one set of Cardas binding posts. The XLR input connector is by Neutrik, and the RCA input connector is by Cardas. The amp is meant to be always on when plugged into AC... As such, there is no on/off/standby switch. List price is $9,000. For further information, you may contact Paul at 509-989-4437; email: [email protected].

Saluti, Guido