KRELL KCT preamp. FUSE BLOWN

Hi, my krell kct preamp, the fuse located under the power cord plug is blown. I replace it and it immediately blew again. Does anybody have any idea what is going on, beside shipping it back to krell dealer? ( or Maybe can a local electronic shop fix it?)

thanks
banmac
LOL!, I know both Steve Lacrone and Ray muchler at Krell, I decided to send my Krell 700 cx to Krell instead of steve, they are both great, However, I requested the amp to be totally renewed, cost no object!, Its only 8 years old, But I did have this crazy Bias problem on the left channel to where the left side of the amp was getting so hot, the amp would go into stand-by mode, needless to say, It is not the amps fault, like an idiot, I let a dealership work on it, that use to be a krell dealer, they band-aided the amp, then the problem got worse over time!, so, after looking at all the shipping on the krell 700cx, I said, wala, I surely should do all that I can now, since the amp is there at Krell, so I will not have to do a cap job a few years from now!, she should be good to go for the next 15 to 25 years!, Happy listening!
I also own a Krell KCT preamp. My fuse apparently blew this morning and I replaced it with a smaller 0.5 amp ABC fuse. It's working fine again, but wonder if I should replace with the exact fuse that failed?

What fuse should I put in the unit anyway? (the one that was in there was a 1.25A MDA Bussmann ceramic.
Hi, Mjz
Well, I shipped mine back to the dealer and have them changed the fuse there, I believe the fuse was 1.1 amp. while the preamp was there i had them go thru the whole unit. Now this preamp works like new. :) :o :)

Happy listening...