KRELL KCT preamp. FUSE BLOWN

Hi, my krell kct preamp, the fuse located under the power cord plug is blown. I replace it and it immediately blew again. Does anybody have any idea what is going on, beside shipping it back to krell dealer? ( or Maybe can a local electronic shop fix it?)

thanks
banmac
Ideally the fuse would protect the unit in certain scenarios. You may wish to check if there are any internal fuses. It is indeed a problem of a sort one could only guess at until properly diagnosed.

Be your unit under warranty or not I would contact Krell for their best direction. They may have approved list of service centers in your area, or suggest a return to them. Good luck.
I also have a KCT. Never even hinted at any issue. I would try to isolate the problem. Perhaps disconnect everything connected to the pre, unplug the unit, replace the fuse, plug it back in, then turn it on. The KCT goes thru a small boot up cycle prior to going into the "on" mode. If it goes thru the cycle and stays on without the fuse blowing then the issue would be somewhere else.
If it still doesn't work contact Steve Lakrone at "The Service Dept". He used to work for Krell and is the The Man.
Hope this helpe, John
Yes, without question best guy to call is Steve Lacrone.
He used to work for Krell and knows everything about fixing Krell products. He also fixes tons of other high end equipment.
He fixed one of my Krell KAS Amps at a good deal.

Here's his site and info.
http://www.theservicedepartmentct.com
[email protected]
203 331 0671