Audio Research DSI 200 integrated amp

Can anyone recommend this amp to pair with PSB Synchrony one speakers?
I have not heard it but it is expensive w/just 3 imputs,no headphone or phono stage..$6500
Is it that much better than musical fidelity & Bryston?
fishing716
Regarding my warranty, I just checked with MF's North America sales manager and he indicated that years 2 through 5 of my M6PRE/M6PRX warranty are covered by Tempo, not Musical Fidelity. Thankfully my MF components are working just fine, but going forward should I ever need warranty repair service, I have to wonder how responsive Tempo will be. As I indicated in my previous post, I do not know the length of the warranty coverage that MF currently offers, but if it's only 1 year, then I think anyone considering buying new MF gear would do better to look elsewhere.
Jon2020, just curious - how did you focus on(i.e., quarantine through testing) the amplifier in your system breaking down at a certain volume as opposed to other culprits, such as the speakers or the room itself? What was your control?
Hi Jimmy,
I knew it was the amp because everything else was working well until I changed it. My previous amp was the Krell 300i integrated and I was looking for a warmer sound. In the showroom, I guess the dealer knew how to keep the volume down as indeed, it sounded good then. Back home, things were still good but orchestral crescendoes just melted before my very ears when i crank it up to realistic levels. I changed the Mac to a Levinson and the problem was gone.
That's very interesting, thanks. I wonder if was running out of headroom or something.