Audio Research DSI 200 integrated amp

Can anyone recommend this amp to pair with PSB Synchrony one speakers?
I have not heard it but it is expensive w/just 3 imputs,no headphone or phono stage..$6500
Is it that much better than musical fidelity & Bryston?
fishing716
Hi Fishing ... If my ear is within one foot of the Musical Fidelity M6PRX power amp, I can hear a hum. This hum is inaudible to my ears if I am any further than one foot away from the amp; therefore, I consider it to be irrelevant to normal listening. To provide a point of reference with another piece of equipment with which many are familiar ... I also have an Oppo 95 in my system. The 95 is known for emitting fan noise. The fan noise from the 95, which also is not loud enough to affect normal listening, is many, many, many times louder than the hum from the M6PRX.
About the McIntosh MA 6600, I used to own one and felt that it was good only up to a certain volume. Above this level, the sound is in tatters - ragged, congested, collapse of soundstage - in a word, unbearable. The level at which this occurs would depend on your system and you will know when you have reached this level as you can easily hear it.
Fishing, if you decide to go with MF and you buy new, don’t get sucked into paying full list price. You should be able to negotiate a discounted sales price on MF M6 components. I’d say at least 15% off and possibly more.

Second, whether you buy new or used, make sure you know exactly who will handle repair service if you ever need repair service.

Third, if you are considering buying new, before you do take the plunge, make sure to confirm what the warranty period now is and who stands behind it. When I bought my components 2 years ago, there was 4 years of extended warranty from Tempo (who was MF's US distributor at the time). This presumably gave me a total 5 year warranty. However, Tempo is no longer the US distributor, and unless I missed it, I don’t see anything on MF’s website that indicates what the current warranty terms are.

In my case, it has just dawned on me that I had better find out if MF is or is not standing behind the warranty extensions that Tempo was giving out. I assume that MF is standing behind the 5 year warranty that I received even though Tempo now seems to be out of the picture, but if I find out that I am no longer covered by warranty, I am not going to be a happy camper.