Pre-amps with seperate power supplies .....

I have a pre-amp with a seperate power supply that is connected by an umbilical cord. I am not an electrical engineer and I do not pretend to be one nor do I play one on TV.....I am pretty sure that there is DC current going from the power supply to the main pre-amp to power that component. Does it make any sonic sense to upgrade that umbilical cord seeing how that it is ''only'' carrying DC current ????? The pre-amp in question is a Classe' CP-700. I have asked this very same question to the fine people at Classe' and they said improving that cord would not make any difference.... So, I will ask that question here and also see if anybody has actually upgraded that power cord.
garebear
Atmasphere, Years ago before you made your first preamp aftermarket power cords were not popular.

I first became aware of after-market power cords in about 1985. Not sure how long they have actually been around, but at least since then... that is about when we started using IEC connections too.
06-03-13: Atmasphere
Years ago before we made our first preamp we began using IEC connections on our amps (which continued with our preamps) for the simple reason that audiophiles like to tinker.
So True. Reason why MOST companies don't supply rare NOS tubes for stock.
"I first became aware of after-market power cords in about 1985."

Who was producing aftermarket power cords in 1985. Many companies were using IEC sockets and other types of detachable cords, but I do not recall the reason was to facilitate the use of aftermarket power cords back then.
Seems to me Fulton was making power cables. Its been a long time but I seem to recall Sumiko had something too.