Pre-amps with seperate power supplies .....

I have a pre-amp with a seperate power supply that is connected by an umbilical cord. I am not an electrical engineer and I do not pretend to be one nor do I play one on TV.....I am pretty sure that there is DC current going from the power supply to the main pre-amp to power that component. Does it make any sonic sense to upgrade that umbilical cord seeing how that it is ''only'' carrying DC current ????? The pre-amp in question is a Classe' CP-700. I have asked this very same question to the fine people at Classe' and they said improving that cord would not make any difference.... So, I will ask that question here and also see if anybody has actually upgraded that power cord.
garebear
Unless a PC carrying DC is immune to RFI and EMR, unless the resistance of a PC is irrelevant with respect to speed and dynamics of transients, and unless the quality of the terminations is somehow also irrelevant with respect to DC, I don't know how the quality of the umbilical could not make a difference.

There is a reason why Tesla won out over Edison. I would think the quality of the cord might be more important for DC.
Trying a different external umbilical cord is not like switching internal parts in electronics. One could simply try the different cord and keep it if it sounds better to him. Then when selling, he could just sell the stock cord and offer the other non-stock cord for sale or simply keep it. This does not effect how original the component is at re-sale.

Upgrading caps or something else internal to the component is a different matter.

The OP question is about if a different umbilical cord would make a difference. That is an interesting question.
Yes it would make a nice improvement and yes just put the other one back in at time of sale or offer out both! A good cord in most instances makes for a nice improvement.