Krell KST-100

I can't seem to find many users ... am told this was a "Class A/B version" of the KSA-100. Have a chance to procure one, it's running in the system now. The right bass and slam, but maybe I'm missing some soundstage width and treble detail compared with my Odyssey Stratos ... They're driving a pair of Maggies 1.7 with a Linn Majik DS driving the amp directly ...

Appreciate some thoughts on your experiences with this Krell, if any ...
bassraptor
I've had a Krell KST 100 in my system for 10 years with a YBA preamp and they work well together. The amp was a freebie from my cousin, he replaced the caps and handed it off to me. It isn't the last word in detail but unlike your Maggies my Vandersteens aren't either. I'm in a smaller listening area of a bigger room, speaker are on the long wall and I sit only 6-7 feet from the speakers. The amp is always in class A, I can't push it too hard with the neighbors. For what is it's a nice amp but within the expectations of a 20+ year old amp.
"It isn't the last word in detail but unlike your Maggies my Vandersteens aren't either."

Is live music the last word in detail?

All I hear is detail and transparency. What about pace, timing, timbre and musical involvement? Has listening to stereo equipment become nothing more than an analitical experience?
I didn't realize I may have made a mistake until I saw Rrog's post. All my comments were about the KSA series. I didn't realize we were also talking about KST as well. I don't remember listening to the KST's so I can't comment on them.