LDR Active Preamp - does it exist?

I am using passive LDR (Light Dependent Resistor) volume control LightSpeed Attenuator. As much as clarity and all the good stuff about this little preamp, I wish I can have some gain for my low sensitivity amplifiers. Is there any existing active preamp using LDR volume control?
nguyen787
Pretty much any balanced or single-ended tube preamp with a volume control of up to 100K impedance can be retrofitted to a DIY LDR shunt volume control. I made the modification to an AtmaSphere MP-1 balanced preamp and am pleased with the improvement.

I believe the only commercial preamps with LDR controls were the top Melos models of the late '90s and current darTZeel.

Commercial use in an active preamp is problematic insofar as even closely-matched LDRs don't track each other very closely above 15K. L/R channel balance shifts with changes in volume. This doesn't bother me, but may test the patience of a couch potato.
Nguyen787,
Higher Input sensitivity means a lower number. For example a 1V sensitivity is better than 2V. A 700mV sensitivity is better than 1V. Gain was exactly the reason I chose the Parasound A21 over others, when using my TVC which is a passive component.
Nguyen787 Hi, 4v sensitivity for your amp means it needs 4 v in to get it to go to full level, that means when using a passive you need a source cdp or dac that gives out 4v or greater. It would be far better if the amp were changed to two 2v sensitivity. What is the name and model of this amp so I can check to see if it is possible.?

Cheers George
Also please give the source name and model as this may be configured to give out more.
Cheers George