Jeff Rowland 2 or Classe 25 for Avalon Eclipse

Hi all,

Sorry for my bad English, I'm wondering to buy a pow amp for my Avalon Eclipse. Recently I see Jeff Rowland model 2 & Classe 25 in Audiogon,

Could anyone give me the which one is match for my speaker? Or other amps match with? My budget is arrount $2k-$2,5k

Thank you all in advance
Do
aspac
Garebear, thanks a lot for your post, they're so useful. Which JRDG model did you use with Eclipse? I ask so because my budget not enough for bigger JRDG, while I'm wondering about 75wpc of Model 2.

Another thing, can I use 2 JRDG model 2 as monoblock? I may buy one more if I have a chance in future.
Aspac, You ignored my question regarding what preamp you will be using. You should have included that information with your original post. IE if you are using a Classe preamp the responses to your post may be different.

Avalon Eclipse is not 8 ohms. It is 6 ohms. This has a lot to do with available power from the Rowland amp.

Classe DR amplifiers are much better than the later Classe amplifiers.
Sorry Rrog, I have only Mcintosh C42 in my current system. The 1st step in my plan is buying new pow amp for Eclipse, then the 2nd step will be new pre amp.
After that, Mc2205, C42 and MCD201 must go.
USPAC, the M2 manual asserts that the amp delivers 75 Watts over 8 Ohms and 150 Watts over 4 Ohms. Your speakers having an average of 6 Ohms would enjoy an average of max 110W from the amp. M2 appears to deliver a maximum continuous current of 20 Amperes with a peak at 35 Amperes.

If you were concerned about these ratings, you may want to look at a more powerful amplifier.

G.
Do you use the first version of the Eclipse or the second improved version?