krell kct, pass labs xp 10 or 2.5, spectral?

Hello All, my current system is:
* B&W 801Nautilus (not diamond version)
* MIT speaker cables
* Mcintosch MC500 power amp
* Accuphase DP500 cd
* Levinson 38 preamp

The sound is not bad at all, never unnerving but it just does not emotionally involve me enough, the system doesn't dissappear enough and seems a bit slow. (I had active speakers before). I would like to hang on to my power amp and cd player (which I know are rather warm sounding both).
I just got the speakers, so could another preamp do the trick? I had Mcintosh c46 preamp in the same system and it sounded more open but more coloured? as if the same sauce was added to each music cd?
I can buy (all used) a Krell KCT for 2800 euro, a Pass Labs XP10 for 2700 euro, or a XP 2.5 for 1500, or a spectral dmc 12 for +-1400... O yes and a Nagra PLP for 4000 euro...
Which would u recommend to make me feel drawn emotionally into my music, where there seems to be no more system? I read many reviews but next to that there is also imput impedance that plays a big role? Please help. As all my options are used market ones, I dont have too much time to chose :)
THX guys!
blueskywalker
Well I tried the same setup but with different speakers... (smaller hifi speakers I own, and which I know can sound rather bright) and the sound still lacks air... so any other recommendations for system change regarding cdplayer or preamp then?
thx!
great price for KCT 2800eu ,you will loose nothing ,in case you don't like you can sell for 3200eu.Just saw somebody selling for 3800eu on ebay.de
There was indeed a KCT listed on ebay at 3800 euro but not sold...
Anyway I got other speakers (infinity gamma's) but same problem, more speed though but air is still not great.
Now I first have to sell the speakers before I can try a new cd or preamp... aaa life! :)