Power amp protection and filtering

I apologize if this has been asked before but I have never heard the answer.

I have a PS Audio power regenerator. I have the pre, phono amp, turntable, cd player, Reel to reel, and tuner plugged into it but I have been told power amps don't need and, in fact, shouldn't use such filtration. I have an Audio Research VT200 and I know this PS Audio product wouldn't be big enough for the amp any way but would a separate regenerator be advised for such an amp? If not... why not?

I had called Audio Research and they were fairly non-committal on the idea.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this.
128x128wynnosu
I use an original Shunyata Hydra 2 which is used primarily for my power amp. The Hydra 2 is designed to compliment a high current power amp. The Hydra 2 does not limit the amps power or dynamics in any way. It lowered the noise floor considerably. I use a Shunyata Copperhead 20 amp cord for the Hydra 2 and a Shunyata Copperhead 15 amp cord from the amp plugged into the Hydra 2.
This is what is inside your Hydra:
http://www.10audio.com/diy_power_conditioner.htm
A regenerator is much more than a filter. It actually creates a whole new waveform so that your equipment does not have to deal with the voltage sag that happens near the peak of the sinewave. The big concern with regenerators is that you need a big enough one that can easily handle the current demands of you system..... As far as filters go, some can negatively impact the sound although in most cases they do improve it. Just make sure you can return it if results not good for your system.
A regenerator circuit does not have infinite power. It is common for them to not be very happy with tube amps of higher power. This seems to be because they don't like heavy loads that have a lot of constant current, and your ARC has a substantial filament circuit.

FWIW there is a company called Elgar that made the world's best power conditioners **bar none**. They don't make them anymore, so you would have to look for one used and have it rebuilt. But the big one could run 28Amps of current continuously and put out a perfect sine wave. I think they made a smaller one that was rated at 15Amps as well.

They are mechanically noisy so what people usually do is install them by the home's breaker box, and run the line for the audio room off of the conditioner.
"This is what is inside your Hydra:
http://www.10audio.com/diy_power_conditioner.htm"

Actually, that piece written isn't entirely true. The author is making quite a few assumptions. I do not care for Jerry Seigel at all and I certainly do not trust anything he writes. In MY system, The Hydra 2 was a very worthwhile addition.