Class D vs Class A

Valvet 3.5 vs Nuforce ref 9 v3se.
Efficient and powerful vs power hungry and sweet consider pairing with Zen Adagios.Considering switch from Nuforce to Valvet will I miss the power?
128x128george99sa
Hi Jorge,
By the same experience, I assume that you also bought modules and built your own amp. Which modules are you using?
I listened shortly last evening, I definitely had some minor improvements over the night before.
Hey Wolf. I put those lights under mine that they put under the low riders. Then on top I put an oil lamp with all those psychedelic colors. I also set mine up on bobble head doll springs. That makes the whole thing gently sway with the tunes. And man! It makes me feel fuzzy all over.
Marqmike...now you're making fun of me and that hurts...however...I think somebody should make a simple rack of tubes that power up but don't actually do anything...just enough juice to make 'em look like they're working, and you could simply hide your boring little Class D amps someplace (really...very little heat so stick the damn things in a drawer or behind other stuff) and gaze at the tubes while listening...a win win, and a handy place to keep your extra tubes.
Hi Tim. I was referring to agreeing with you as far as hearing an improvment in the amp's sound over time. by no means do i consider myself tech-savvy. i did not build my own amp and would probably never try to. i will leave that to the pros. i have the d-sonic m3-1200s. and yes, it is still improving with time. an incredible product. i will probably never go back to tubes....probably.
Hi Jorge,
Thanks for the reply. Dennis's newer series have a great reputation. They will continue to improve, enjoy.
If anyone cares, I purchased Abletec ALC0300-1300, 150 Watt mono boards, they run 150 to 8 and 300 to 4. I couldn't find much on this forum except that DSonic and Marten are using his modules. I went to Italian and German forums where they were more widely discussed, most of those guys said that the 0300 module was the most neutral. It was very affordable and an easy build, so that's why I headed that way. I know that Marten and DSonic both have some flavor of the amp modules above the ones that I purchased.... ALC1000-1300. 550 OR 600 watts to 8 ohms (depending on whose specs) and 1000 watts to 4 ohms and still a very easy build. I believe DSonic uses these modules in the M3-600 mono amps and Marten removed the switching supply and ran this same module on his $45,000 mono amps.... If I get a big enough bug, I'll sell off this amp and buy those....
My amps have been playing since 9am sunday morning, when they get 2 weeks on them, I'll give them a hard listen and report. Until then, I hope the info on these modules is helpful for someone.
Tim