Class D vs Class A

Valvet 3.5 vs Nuforce ref 9 v3se.
Efficient and powerful vs power hungry and sweet consider pairing with Zen Adagios.Considering switch from Nuforce to Valvet will I miss the power?
128x128george99sa
Well, it took a little longer than I suspected, but my Class D amp is up and running.... I don't want to over elaborate right now, the amp has only had a signal on it for 12 ours, but I have to say, I've sat in front of a bunch of amps in my 35 years of being an audiophile. I can't tell yet to just how good this amp is, but I can tell you that class D is no joke. My experience is that you get some improvement after 40 or 50 hours and then again around 300 hours of playing. I'll check back soon,
Tim
I heard many class D amps. Many were average and poor. I also heard many class A amps. Often they were great.
Tim: I'm having the same experience with mine. mine probably has about 20 hours and man! what a difference 20 hours have made! its fun reading other owners' experiences as their amps evolve. can't wait to hear what mine does.
jorge
I think as long as amp designers are listening the the things they build, they should be able to make things sound great built from switching amps or blue cheese. Class D is obviously here to stay and Diavelet, Rogue, Bel Canto, and many others have been raved about...pro sound is all over it, and for me it merely means cold little boxes of juice and it bores me (except in pro audio PA stuff where I don't give a crap as long as it works and sounds clear). I think little moving meters would help...or organic looking art deco vibe design...something...ya gotta give me something...Diavelet stuff seems cool but looks like a steam roller flattened your toaster. Small amps with a switch and a little blue dot just don't warm my heart like glowing tubes packed with retro grease making jazz piano sound like it's right there...why would I want something else?