Class D vs Class A

Valvet 3.5 vs Nuforce ref 9 v3se.
Efficient and powerful vs power hungry and sweet consider pairing with Zen Adagios.Considering switch from Nuforce to Valvet will I miss the power?
128x128george99sa
I am very happy now with the Nuforce Hovland combo in front of the Adagios.Eventually I'd like to get Crescendos so my amps should still drive them without a problem.I am in the process of setting up an analog rig,I just picked up a Ultimate upgraded Thorens TD126 mk11 with 103R Denon.That should hold me til I get the big Zens.Will keep listening and posting.
I'm getting incredible musicality with a TRL 6SN7 preamp in front of NuForce Ref9 V2SE.
I have been using a very nicely modified Sumo Nine for the past several years. It is pure Class A factory rated @ 60 to 8 & 120 to 4. Actual after mods it does 90 to 8 & 165 to 4 never leaving Class A. It is driving 4 ohm speakers. I use a Coda CL Preamp. Yesterday I received Abletec Modules, I need to do some testing and am planning to mod those best that I can, so it will be a month or so, but if there is an interest, I'll report the results.
Tim
Yes. Definitely keep us posted Timlub. I have a rebuilt restored Sumo Nine by Mike Bettinger and love its sound in my systems. I am curious to know your results as you have a modified Sumo Nine as well vs Class D type amps. I've listened to Class D amps but not the most expensive stuff and I've always preferred the Class A type amp in my systems.