Class D vs Class A

Valvet 3.5 vs Nuforce ref 9 v3se.
Efficient and powerful vs power hungry and sweet consider pairing with Zen Adagios.Considering switch from Nuforce to Valvet will I miss the power?
128x128george99sa
Thanks for the response guys ,I've decided to stick with the Nuforce.Why?Not for the power my room is small 12X14x9 but the sound should marry better with a new Hp 100 pre-amp adding even more sweetness into this mix might be over the top so lets keep some of the best low end control in the business,after all until your into megabuck equipment this hobby is all about striking a pleasant balance is it not?Those chrome fronted Valvets would have looked beautiful under the Hovland but all that heat and power consumption might not end up so practical either.Your input as always was weighed thanks again!
I understand your rationale but I suspect if given a listen in your system you'd have loved the Valvet.
Regards,
My experience with driving NuForce SEs with an updated Audible Illusions Modulus 3A was that the preamplifier simply added far too much of it's own character and noise. Amp, preamp compatibility is most likely at the root of my dissatisfaction so this is not a blanket statement against tube preamps.

Understandably, this could be very desirable. When I substituted the AI with my current Reflection Audio Quantum the presentation opened up dramatically. The NuForce amplifiers are extremely quiet when driven by a battery powered preamplifier.

Also, I suggest experimenting with star grounding when using switching amplifiers.
Vicdamone,

excuse my ignorance but, what do you mean with "star grounding"? how do you "experiment" it with switching amplifiers?

Thanks.
Jdec, on the contrary, pardon my less than qualified attempt at explaining star grounding.

Essentially, everything gets plugged into a single power source, such as a power strip, sharing a single ground.

As switching amplifier technology progresses we are seeing less and less of the RF and EMI issues that some early designs produced which seemed to pollute the AC line.

If you are using different legs (breakers) of an AC system to power a system simply try using only one leg.