can I get your input on a inexpensive pre-amp

Could I please get some input on a pre-amp under 1k. I am thinking tube but maybe your experience can share differently. What I would like is a pre that very slightly deviates from neutral in 2 ways-It is slightly soft in the tweeter frequencies, adds just a hint of body(for instance on voices you recognize more of the body of the person, or on guitar you hear more of the body of the instrument). I would like it to do this with the least rounding off things so I don't lose the natural snap of sounds that give life to the music. I know neutral is somewhat subjective so use your baseline for neutrality and maybe give the context of that. Those that have experience with something like this could you share what you think. With all the pres out there I could probably be going in circles trying to check everyone's suggestions out so if this could be limited to your first hand knowledge I would really appreciated it. Thanks
marqmike
Try the Quicksilver. you should be able to buy a used line with remote for less than $1,000
Jperry thank you.
Newbee I would like to stay around 1,000.00. If you click on my system you will see I am using a belles 150 v2 reference.
Thanks.