today i got my new Focal Electra 1038BE ,help

oday i got my brand new Focal Electra 1038BE , need some help for the rest of the system

later i will add the Electra center and rear
sub , i don't know if to buy the electra also or something else

cables?

Multi channel amp and pre processor

until now i connect my computer with optic cable to the receiver with motherboard sound card

i'm new to the high end sound
until now i connect my computer with optic cable to the receiver with motherboard sound card
i don't even now what is DAC and how to get good sources

because i want to use the system for HT and also for stereo music
i need Multi channel amp and pre processor , right?

Classe' SSP-800 , what are their price? i think they are too expensive
i need to invest more money on the rest of the Electra system

red that the 1038 BE
are very clear and pure sound
need very good amp

can you recommend amp that match?

i have tech question:
usually i hear full detail when i listen in high volume
but i don't have dedicate isolated sound room that i can listen without interrupt to other people around.

there is a way to enjoy music without high volume?
maybe specific Amp better then other for that
or my big speakers can't do that anyway?

(hope you understand my poor english)

this model can be good enough for pre ?
http://hometheaterreview.com/outlaw-...ssor-reviewed/
pelo911
Pelo911,
Thanks for the explanation. Don't get me wrong 1038 Be is a good buy especially at that price. I was just real curious because your situation seems very unusual.

Here's the list of basic components that I think you'd need.
1) Transport - CD player, PC or Mac, Sonos, etc (Oppo 95/105)
2) DAC - digital to analog converter (you only need this if your transport is PC or Mac. Devices like Oppo already has internal DAC)
3) Pre-amp - line stage, volume control (pre-amp is a lot more than just this, but this is for simplicity) A pre-amp with HT bypass is what you need
4) AVR or pre/processor - they are for multi channel HT, but they can be used as a pre-amp for music (but most AVR or processor aren't up to par unless you want to go up to Anthem D2v or Avm50. They are pricy) My recommendation is a simple AVR for HT and a quality pre-amp (with HT bypass) for music. HT by pass allow you to connect your AVR to your pre-amp as one input. (AVR = processor + amp)
5) Amp - each speaker in your system needs an amp. Most amps you talked about are stereo (2 channel only). AVR usually have multichannel amp and brands like Anthem, Integra, Arcam have decent AVR.
Kzhtoo , thank you very much for the info

now i think i need to focus on the stereo because i already have the speakers
or maybe to buy also the Electra center and sub for 3.1

do you have a recommend for electronics for that?
i can get almost any brand for around 30% off the MSRP

if i understand you right
i need now AMP , DAC , Pre Amp with HT bypass
what brand and models?

also Cables:
there is so many models
what should i choose?
Ok Pelo,
If I were you, this is what I'd do with $8k budget for electronics (opinions may vary).

I'd start off with a 2.0 HT/music all-in-one system first (then down the road, add center, surround, sub for 5.1 HT, but again my priority would be 2 channel music)

Amp - Pass + Focal Electra is a match made in heaven, especially XA.5 series. If you do not have a big room, XA30.5 ($3.5k used) should be enough for 1038 Be. I've heard nothing but good things about Parasound but I'm not familiar with them. What I do know is they run a few initial watts in class A and many people swear by Parasound.

Pre-amp - I'd love to recommend Pass XP-10 ($3.5-4k used) but this would blow your budget. Only consider this if you get a Pass amp. You could consider Parasound pre. It always makes sense to get same brand amp/pre-amp combo - easier to achieve tonal balance. Just make sure you get a HT by-pass with your pre for your HT duty.

AVR - Anthem MRX 500/700 or Arcam AVR (give or take $1.2-1.5k used) (I would not consider lesser AVR to pair with 1038 Be. But remember this is only for HT duty. I personally do not like playing music off AVR with Electra Be) Another reason I'd opt for AVR over processor is when you add center/surround, you can make use of AVR's internal amps and you probably won't need to buy additional amps.

Processor - I do not have much experience. But used Anthem Avm20 or Avm50 might be within your budget. Of course you only need either an AVR or a processor. Not both. With a processor, every time you add a new speaker, you'll need an amp.

DAC - $1-2k range would do the job. At the price point you have a lot you can consider. Most bang for the buck IMO is Metrum Octave NOS. Others - W4S DAC2, NAD M51.

Reclocker - I assume you're running music off PC through optical output. I'd like to recommend Empirical Audio Synchro-mesh reclocker ($600). You will place this between your PC and DAC. What this does is cleaning up your digital clock jitter. I personally use this and highly recommend this product.

I think the safer route for you is to go with Parasound amp/pre-amp combo. Talk to a Parasound dealer and I'm sure they'll have a matching combo for your budget (I just can't stop recommending Pass but they come with a hefty price tag). After that an Anthem AVR, a DAC, a reclocker and you're good to go. Good luck.

Oh wait, cables. Don't go buy expensive cables just yet. You can start off with cheaper models (anti-cables, morrow audio, etc). Getting right with the speaker/amp/pre-amp combo is the key. Then you can try out different cables for your preference. Cable co. is a good place to start after you get the amp/pre-amp/dac.
Kzhtoo ,thanks so much! i don't know what i will do without your help!
i went to few store , they don't know anything about Focal.

i have around 25% discount directly from Pass
i can buy the X250.5 for $6.5
http://hometheaterreview.com/pass-labs-x2505-stereo-amplifier-reviewed/

i think it's better to get enough power so when i will move to a bigger house i will not need to buy another Amp ,
right?

or should i choose only Class A Amp but with more power?

what about integrated amp , you think it's not good idea?

i red that those are great:
Simaudio
Modwright KWI 200
Musical fidelity
NAD M3