Amp repair...What to expect.

Just got my amp back from repair shop. I know there's a burn in period for new electronics, but would new caps, transistors, etc. result in a lack of detail in the sound? What are the typical changes to the sonics after service?

It's a Sunfire 300 and had every thing replaced except power caps; they did not need replacement. (Sunfire authorized service shop).

Many thanks.
128x128lowrider57
Hi, I've just completed my project replacing filter caps and reapplying solder to all joints of all boards. My amp is now quiet and sounds great! I couldn't stand the fact that I will have to replace it. It sounds very close to class A at any volume setting
that's great news Marakanetz. It would be a shame to replace it since you're happy with your system. I love the Sunfire sound, plus I dont think you could find a better amp for the price.
My amp is also dead quiet since the service...such great build quality and design, it's a keeper for life; just keep replacing parts when needed.

Bravo.
Replacing parts WILL be a great challenge. These amps aren't supported anymore by the manufacturer for long time already. God only knows who possesses schematics as well if the problem will rise more complicated. Assembled boards to replace aren't manufactured either so exercise safety and protect your unit with surge protectors. There are also not too many of them for sale either as they become slowly the legend of hi-def audio.
You've raised some issues I never even thought of.
Roland at carveraudiorepair has cornered the market on all
parts, but when I needed service it was a 3 month wait. On the forums I found out that he has former Carver/Sunire people with him and the schematics and such.
I went to Vintage HiFi in Pittsburgh (an authorized dealer and service for many years). Very nice owner, my only worry is the quality of the parts used.

Yes, they are in great demand. I'm sure you've followed the sales on ebay...they are snatched-up very quickly.