Amp repair...What to expect.

Just got my amp back from repair shop. I know there's a burn in period for new electronics, but would new caps, transistors, etc. result in a lack of detail in the sound? What are the typical changes to the sonics after service?

It's a Sunfire 300 and had every thing replaced except power caps; they did not need replacement. (Sunfire authorized service shop).

Many thanks.
128x128lowrider57
Marakanetz...asked the shop for details and haven't heard back from them yet. My invoice says 1).Transistor and fuse blown, rebuild right channel. 2) add caps.

Parts are... 2 output transistors, 10 Caps, 1 fuse.
I assume he replaced the 5 blue caps on L/R channels. Does not say if they are Polystyrene. I'm very glad the stock power supply caps were not replaced.

To update you, it's 50 hours burnin and sounding pretty good. More detail, soundstage has filled in, has that Sunfire warmth. But I'm still missing the deep 3D image that my system should present. I use Amperex NOS in my preamp and CDP and the image should extend way back into the rear wall...that's the best part of my system.
Will keep burning in and wait for details from the shop. Will stay in touch.
That is to say:
They've only repaired one channel and it will take more time before they become identical to bring your soundstage back. Don't worry about blue caps.
To be honest I'd do the same, because it's very easy to screw up parameters on digital amp so it will sound like garbage. To be more consistant, I'd probably test transisor's transients(no worries about the brand either) to match one of the pulled-out live ones and than find the one that mathes or simply get the whole batch of them to replace them all, but it's whole different price point of repairs. I believe that they've matched your transistor, but no matter how precise you are, you'll still have some gaps in parameters to be settled.
Hi, I've just completed my project replacing filter caps and reapplying solder to all joints of all boards. My amp is now quiet and sounds great! I couldn't stand the fact that I will have to replace it. It sounds very close to class A at any volume setting
that's great news Marakanetz. It would be a shame to replace it since you're happy with your system. I love the Sunfire sound, plus I dont think you could find a better amp for the price.
My amp is also dead quiet since the service...such great build quality and design, it's a keeper for life; just keep replacing parts when needed.

Bravo.
Replacing parts WILL be a great challenge. These amps aren't supported anymore by the manufacturer for long time already. God only knows who possesses schematics as well if the problem will rise more complicated. Assembled boards to replace aren't manufactured either so exercise safety and protect your unit with surge protectors. There are also not too many of them for sale either as they become slowly the legend of hi-def audio.