building the best system I can?

If a friend had $5000 dollars to spend on audio gear and asked you for help in putting together a system revolving around a pair of paradigm studio 20's v5, what would you suggest?
wmbode
Unsound, what other paragigms have you heard? Just curious, as I also have studio 20's v.5, and if there are speakers that would recommend maybe I will check them out too. Also, what do you think of a classe ssp 25 pre amp mated to a classe ca 150?
Had I $5k cash and a pair of $1300 speakers (regardless of make) I'd first listen to a boat load of other speakers (in the $4k to $3k range, new/used) to verify that I really do like them best. I'd likely lean towards selling the speakers and using that dough to buy a front end (to be upgraded at some point in the future). Then split the $5k amongst new/used speakers (~$3k) and integrated amp (~$2k). But I am among those who prefer to spend more of my budget on speakers than other gear.
B.limo, I have heard many, but not very recently, and didn't bother to remember what any of them were called.
Rockadanny-I'm not sure I am convinced that spending 3/4 of a $5000 budget on speakers is a wise ratio in putting together a system. Speakers are just one component in a audio system and that doesn't leave alot of room for other important components.

As far as the studio 20's go they are what I have on hand and what I intend to use unless someone can convince me otherwise. I am not opposed to changing speakers but my budget is geared towards in putting together a system that will help me get the most out of what I have.

This day and age it is very diffecult to audition speakers by different manufacturers because dealers just don't carry the inventory they did 20 years ago. That is why a web site such as Audiogon is so helpful because the diversity of the populas is vast and knowledgable. So I am putting myself at the mercy of people who have greater knowledge than I do in helping me put together this audio system I seek.
unsound, so what speakers do you like in the $1500- $3000 range? also, do you know if you heard any paradigms in the studio or signature series, or just the monitor series? monitor series hooked up to a $1,000 reciever sound quite different than the studio series hooked up to $4,000 worth of pre amp, amp, external dac.