building the best system I can?

If a friend had $5000 dollars to spend on audio gear and asked you for help in putting together a system revolving around a pair of paradigm studio 20's v5, what would you suggest?
wmbode
I think UnSound is saying that the first move is to match the speakers with an amp that will provide great synergy. I would agree that in a system you start with amp and speakers, after that add the preamp.
I have never heard paradigm studio 20's, so I was only stating a possible scenerio, mixing tubes with SS.
Lowrider57, actually I would suggest starting with the speakers and then finding an appropriate amp, etc., etc.. Which the OP seems to be doing.
I just found Shubert's post somewhat curious.
I want to thank everyone for their insight and suggestions. Now I want to side step the amp/pre talk for a moment and address the music source. I am interested in going with a digital source such as a server/dac combo. Any thaughts? I see that the squeezebox touch is a popular choice but I am under the impression that logitech has dropped the touch. Knowing this makes me a bit nervous about purchasing this product. I am also looking at sonos as a server. Also does anyone have thaughts on the Olive products? Just because I am side stepping the amp/pre talk doesn't mean I don't want more input because I find this discussion very interesting.
You might get more (not necessarily better, though) responses re your digital source question by starting another thread in the "Digital" forum.