building the best system I can?

If a friend had $5000 dollars to spend on audio gear and asked you for help in putting together a system revolving around a pair of paradigm studio 20's v5, what would you suggest?
wmbode
Speakers sound like the amps runing them, get a 25watt Decware tube if acoustic is main thing,if tubes are too big a hassle, whatever Belles amp you can fit in.
First thing I'd do is not build the system around Studio 20s. Nice speakers, but you can certainly do better. We certainly need more info. about the # of channels, room, sources, expected use, etc....

-RW-
the room size "your friend" has is appr. 13 X 15. The money spent will be for purchasing for 2 channel. Right now lets focus on digital for sources with vinyl as a future addition.

As for the use of the studio 20's that is what "your friend" has on hand at present, but doesn't mean that can't be changed.

Feel free too ask more questions if needed. Thanks
Wmbode - I recommend a good integrated amp instead of separates to maximize sonic value per dollar spent. Many great choices, of course, and that approach will also save on the number of ICs. For ICs and speaker cables, the best sonic value I have experienced is Auditorium 23.

Regarding digital sources, can you be more specific? In example, a CD player or a music server system?