Art Audio Carissa Signature 845 or 300 b amp?

I just tuned up my Jadis with the help of Trelja and Mechans. It sound great. In fact I prefer it over my 845 amp which I fell in love with.

A short time ago,I visited a friend to listen to his 300b system. It sounded extremely good.

My question is for anyone who has experience with the sound of the Art Audio or any other top shelf 845 amp and a good value, used 300b amp in the $4000 range?

My question is vague, but it will help mein making up my mind on what to do with my systems next.
128x128mattzack2
Happy to hear your comments about the JOR!

Knowing this Jadis amp as I do, I feel it eclipses the vast majority of what's available. Still, let's give credit to Dynaco, as that's what it really is. Amazing how most have traditionally looked down upon the "lowly" MKII, MKIII, ST70, and MKIV products.

All things being equal, I, too, prefer the sound of the 300B to the 845. I will add the 211 does give up some things to the 845, but also generally sounds better to me.

Probably the best high-end audio system I've encountered was the Audio Federation set up at RMAF 2008 featuring the $100K Audio Note 300B units. Though I returned several times through the course of the weekend, it's obviously difficult to truly judge an amplifier in absolute terms at a show. Representative of Audio Note products, the system was as close to music as I've come across in high-end audio.

Still, my overall experience has convinced me the mostly underestimated/overlooked 2A3 is a superior tube to the 300B. Of course, for SET the 2A3 does not provide sufficient power, and in that configuration, the 300B clearly represents the better solution. But in a parallel singled-ended (PSE) or push-pull (PP) amplifier, I'll take the 2A3 pretty much every time. The 2A3 provides more weight and solidity, superior low-end response, and a surprisingly natural midrange that can sometimes come across as a sweet tonality in the best sense of the term.

Though rare, you might want to investigate the Deja Vu push-pull 2A3. It's about as good an amplifier as you can find, and will drive most loudspeakers of at least reasonable efficiency. My one and only sonic (buildwise, it's a bit on the unrefined/unpolished side) criticism is that I wish it provided a bit more sweetness ala tube rectification. But were it to do so, it would surely compromise its impressively stiff and taut low frequency response. Outside of the Deja Vu, and at lower cost, I've heard several other push-pull 2A3 amplifiers that impressed me greatly,
I really do enjoy open forum boards as there`s such a diversity of individual opinions and experiences discussed. I like the 45,2A3 and 300b tubes. Gordon Rankin(Wavelength Audio) has expressed his dislike of the 2A3 tube, he thinks it`s inferior to the 45 or 300b(I don`t agree). It all comes down to designer talent and implementation more so than what output tube is used. I`d like to hear a push-pull 2A3 amplfier(I`ve only have experienced SET versions). By the way, Wavelength does offer a 2A3 SET amplifier now so he`s likely found a 2A3 tube he considers acceptable.

Regards,
Charles
Its been quite awhile since I started this post and I would like to pick it up again.
I'd like to try to find someone with a 300b amp that would like to swap with either an Art Audio Carissa Signature or Jadis Orchestra Reference for a month or two.
I had hoped for a Frankenstein but it may not work with my Dali 800 Helicons. I also own a pair of Gemme Tantos which are a little more sensitive than the Dalis.
I moved to Knoxville which does not have as many fellow audiophiles as Chicago, so I think this may be the best way for me to actually hear before I buy.
Ideas ?