Ayre V-5xe/K-5xeMP or Modwright KWA-150/LS-100?

I'm moving from an all-tube setup, but wish to maintain some of what tubes offer. My speakers are Dynaudio 1.3SE monitors and listening room is small and near-field. Which combo would you go with?

On a side note, I need to be able to keep my gear on at all times (but willing to turn on a tube pre as needed).
majnun70
When I have Ayre gear it is nice but very solid state sounding - a little dry. I own a Modwright 5400es cd player and it is the only cd player I have heard that sounds almost as good and organic as vinyl. I haven't heard their amps or preamps but my vote would be for Modwrigt.
When I have HEARD Ayre gear it is nice but very solid state sounding - a little dry. I own a Modwright 5400es cd player and it is the only cd player I have heard that sounds almost as good and organic as vinyl. I haven't heard their amps or preamps but my vote would be for Modwright. No offense to Ayre fans or owners.
..and I vote for Ayre... not because I own them personlly, but because they are very musical, and their service department is absolutely top notch.
Stringreen, you own the speakers I would like to have - Vandersteen 5A. Those are some of the most musical speakers around at any price.
I have a LS100 (use Black Treasure CV181s and NOS Philips rectifier) and the KWA100 SE - very musical pieces to my ears (need to give them the 400-500 hours break in recommended by Dan) Haven't heard Ayre equipment