Any one tried the Yamamoto A06 with AD1 tube?

I have been searching to find the sonic characteristics of the AD1 tube when compared to DHT like the 45, 2A3 etc.

I find the 45 mesh plate by EML to be the finest tube I know. I quite like the 2a3 EML mesh too, but find it doesn't have the beauty or musicality of the 45 mesh. Although it has more authority. So I wondered if being so linear whether the AD1 with its 4w was a super 45?

I haven't found any reviews of the yammy A06 (mk1/mk2 or mk3). Is it that rare?
chadeffect
Ok Ok .... This is what I think you guys are looking for.. As I said I bought my Yamamoto A-06-3 from Crubio. Cesar gave up too soon on the amp because he didn't know how and where to fix it. I love the A-06-3 alot and I do mean alot !!! I also made a slight modification to filament voltage. The World and especially Japan and Europe know that 4.0 VDC is the most favorable for that sweet, clear, fast, sound that makes you say "O WOW" AD1 uses 4.0 - - 45 tube which is 2.5 VDC on its filament is my favorite with the proper speakers. I own a matched set of EML AD 1's - I also own a pair of Tungsram AD 1's and a pair of NOS very low like 10 hours on them Telefunken AD 1's (I doubt anyone in America owns a matched pair of telefunkens)... A bunch of different AZ 4 rectifier tubes and 3 pair of the C3M drivers and a bunch of different speakers. So what works for me is not going to work for everyone. Mostly cause people don't have the cash invest in alot of tubes. ( I'm a collector ). Bottom line if you have high efficiency speakers in the 100 db range your going to love 45 amps and have enough horsepower when you step on the gas. If you have less efficient speakers go with the A-06-3 (twice the output - Just as Sweet) if you can afford it and get it. I hear they are limited and no longer in production. O BTW,, 300B amps will drive the dash speaker from a 69 Rambler but they will never sound like the A-06-3 Yami.....How's that for making ya Think... Cheers everyone...
This is Crubio's opening paragraph from his ad on Audiogon. I copyed and pasted it right off Crubio's listing : QUOTE " I'm the first owner of the jewel of an amp, amazing 4 watts of power. One of the most dimensional and engaging amps I have ever heard. Lives up and excels at the Yamamoto sound perfect for high sensitivity speakers (mine are 106 db) " END OF QUOTE..... Crubio - Sang that tune when he was SELLING... Now you guys can talk about AD 1 tubes...
Kind Regards
It seems that with your speakers, Avantgarde Trio's, you should be able to bi-amp, seems like a better route than chasing another amp. Keep the 08s for the mids and highs, get something else for the bottom. Would that work?

The Audiopax model 88 is also quite a heavy hitter and absolutely silent due to the low gain design.

Crubio
Thanks Madranker. I don't know why everyone seems to be so reticent with their opinion? It's only opinions. It's just good to hear others experience. Did you find the EML AD1 to be cleaner and more modern sounding a tube than the original? Personally I find his 45 tubes to be superior to the vintage ones I've tried. Especially the no.80 mesh.

Crubio,

It's is true I could bi or even tri amp, but I am not a believer in random Amps used like that. ( obviously subs are active, but take a feed from main amp which keeps the main amps flavour).

I am told the A08s can be simply modified to mono and run 2 x A08s.

For me personally I don't need the power. I was wondering if I could get a little more scale in the presentation, but without loosing the magic & layering of the 45?

As I said when I used the EML 2A3 mesh tube in the A08s, there was a shift in its presence and scale, but at the expense of magic, beauty and some layering. I was hoping maybe I could get all the above with an AD1?
Chad,
It seems based on Madranker`s comments the ADI-Yamamoto would be worth the time and effort for an audition.There is little risk it seems.
Good Luck,