Any one tried the Yamamoto A06 with AD1 tube?

I have been searching to find the sonic characteristics of the AD1 tube when compared to DHT like the 45, 2A3 etc.

I find the 45 mesh plate by EML to be the finest tube I know. I quite like the 2a3 EML mesh too, but find it doesn't have the beauty or musicality of the 45 mesh. Although it has more authority. So I wondered if being so linear whether the AD1 with its 4w was a super 45?

I haven't found any reviews of the yammy A06 (mk1/mk2 or mk3). Is it that rare?
chadeffect
I'm the guy that bought the 06-3 from Cesar. I do Love the 06-3 Yami it has many many more pluses than minuses.
I'm also a huge fan of the 45 tube sweetness and tone. Being a Lowther guy I hate hiss and hash at idle or between tracks. I also Love the WOW factor....when friends see and hear my system. I'm building myself a one of a kind Parallel Single End 45 amplifier. I commissioned a circuit designer from Yugoslavia to help me with my ideas. I'm in the process of having a professional Double C-Core transformer maker ( from Holland ) make the trannies. He tweaked the design even further. I should have the amp built and tweaked by July's end. Much much more I can say. I'm sorta thinking about going into production with this amp. Thought I'd run it buy some guys and see how it is received.

Kind Regards
Hi Crubio
Following Chadeffect's post, can you say more about the difference between the "less lively" A06-3 and the A 08s, to guide me before I send the deposit for an 06-3, (or an 08s) this week.
I like the special quality of the 45 mesh plates in the 08s, and had planned to order one. I have since understood the A06-3's AD 1 valves give close to or the same magic as the 45's, yet with power headroom and other advantages (for use with 104db Loth X Troubadour Stamm driver horns). They're both beautiful, but sound capability / character is more important to me.
Paul. Why not ask Crubio ( who no longer owns any Yamamoto ) what he moved up to / replaced his Yami Gear with. I think he mentioned to me Shindo... I can tell you about the A-06-3 cause I now own it. I made a few tweaks (Cesar didn't know what he had). I actually have it in my rack right now just above it I have a Jeff Korneff 45 amp - I have 2 sets of 100+ db full range drivers I can play them both at same time or turn one or the other off using passive volume control to equal volume to sorta compair apples to apples. The answer to your question is "It Depends" ..... Which is best matters on many many things. Very hard to get all the ducks in a row. That's why great amps come along on the used market.
I didn't intend to suggest that the AD1 is a life-less tube, it's just different from the 45. I have been trying a series of amps, the linear A by Tom Evams was very promising. At this point, I'm steering towards a 45 or a 300B type SET amp. What are your issues with the 300B?

Thanks,

Cr
Crubio,
I `d take all opinions about 300b tube amplifiers with a sizable grain of salt(including mine).Here`s why, there`re so many different 300b amps with various design objectives, circuits,quality of parts,power supply.transformers etc. You could hear 6 brands of 300b amps and they would sound 'very' different from one another.

Secondly there`s much variation among individual 300b tubes, from average to good to superb.
Mix various amplifiers and vary the particular tube and it`s near impossible to generalized the so called 300b sound.

Now factor in the variable of speaker,other components and finally listener preference, well you get the point. There is a hugh difference in sound quality between say the EH orJJ compared to an EML,EAT,Sophia Royal Princess and the Takatsuki 300b tubes. They are a world apart and yet even in the premium group choice will depend on amp and system make up.Iuse the Takatsuki-TA300b and it`s simply sublime in my SET amplifier.

All of the low power DHT tubes can sound fabulous in the proper application.I`ve heard great and not so great examples of 45,2A3 and 300b amps,it just all depends...
I wish you the best in your search.