Any one tried the Yamamoto A06 with AD1 tube?

I have been searching to find the sonic characteristics of the AD1 tube when compared to DHT like the 45, 2A3 etc.

I find the 45 mesh plate by EML to be the finest tube I know. I quite like the 2a3 EML mesh too, but find it doesn't have the beauty or musicality of the 45 mesh. Although it has more authority. So I wondered if being so linear whether the AD1 with its 4w was a super 45?

I haven't found any reviews of the yammy A06 (mk1/mk2 or mk3). Is it that rare?
chadeffect
I had the 06-3, found it less lively than the 08-S. it might be noisy on the avantgardes, I had Lamhorns using an AER driver, 106 db. It is a stunningly beautiful looking amp. Tube rolling the AD1 can be a problem, EML is the only current manufacturer, NOS is very pricy. The best rectifier I found was a Phillips Mini-Watt. You might want to consider the 0-10 amp or the 09 amp which uses 300b's. Have you thought of bi-amping?

The guy I sold it to was static about the amp, said he would keep it for life.
Hi Crubio,

When you say lifeless do you mean not as magical as a 45 tube amp or do you mean dynamically not as lively?

I am not a 300b fan so probably wouldn't go A09 way.

I just wondered if I could get a 45 type sound from the A06? Retain that magic but with a little more grunt?

The A011 with mesh plated EML 2a3 lost the EML mesh 45 magic, but did have some presence & slightly wider image, although didn't have the layering I get from my A 08s. I even tried the 2a3 tube in the A08s which was nice but again lost the magic.
Hi Crubio

Following the previous post, can you say more about the difference you found between the "less lively" A06-3 and the A 08s ? before I order an 06-3 this week, or an A08s !
I like "lively" and I also like the special quality of the 08s' 45 valves (EML meshes). The AD 1 valves reputedly have close to the 45 magic. If you did not find this, it would be good to hear more. (for use with 104db Loth X Troubadour Stamm driver horns). Cheers.