Peachtree Nova Pre vs. Modwright SWL 9.0 SE

I am currently using the Modwright SWL 9.0 SE and love it. The problem for me is that with 2 small kids in the house I rarely get to enjoy it at decent listening levels. That has got me looking for a headphone amp, but this means another box, power supply, interconnect, etc. Wondering if anybody has any experience with the new Nova Pre from Peachtree. I have previously owned Peachtree products and I enjoyed them, but the Modwright has been a huge step up IMO. If the new Nova Pre is close to the Modwright in the preamp section, the one box solution may make sense for me. Any advice?
bryfinch
Thanks for the response. I have considered a separate headphone amp, but would like to keep the cost down. The other issue I have is that my DAC is the HRT Streamer II and it has only (1) output, so I need a new DAC or have to continuously disconnect the Streamer. What headphone amps in the below $500 range do you or could you recommend?
Jim Nicholls just built me a combo headphone-speaker amp at 15 w per channel. Price: $625.
singleended, I have not yet purchased headphones, so I am just getting started. A headphone amp/ DAC combo has crossed my mind, but I am reluctant because it seems like DAC technology changes quickly, and I like the idea of being able to upgrade individual components. Do you have any suggestions below $500 that combine both and offer at least 24/96 through USB? Thanks.
Sabocat59. I am happy with my current amplifiers, so don't really need a new amp. Does Jim build a standalone headphone amp, and if so how do I reach him? Is yours tube or SS? Thanks.