Tube Integrateds...why not a preout for subs.....

Hello. I always wonder why tube integrated manufacturers do not provide a preout for the use of a sub. Truly, anyone that is using a tube may be 'purist' and not use a subwoofer. Truly, I would, but I am using a hybrid amp/preamp.

My problem is with trying to get my friends who say they can't spend much to get them into what they would love. I can't ask them in one swipe to spend more than $1500.00 for the amp section. It is simple wiring. And if you want to introduce someone....I am just saying. Any ideas?
128x128dalecrommie
A point of the REL "high level" input (from the amp's speaker posts) is to use the tone of the amp itself (a good, although maybe not all that important idea). So I second the REL suggestions (I use one with a Jolida amp...works brilliantly). Also, I've been using Neutrik Speakon plugs for years and they're very cool, and should be used in more hifi gear...stuck an angled one on my REL so it can sit close to a wall without the dreaded "cable claustrophobia" issue (also use an AQ angled iec adapter for the ac cable).
I always wonder why tube integrated manufacturers do not provide a preout for the use of a sub.
I'd imagine that it is often because it would require an additional buffer stage (for each channel), to provide a reasonably low output impedance for the pre-outs, and to prevent the main signal path from being affected by what is connected to the pre-outs. Keep in mind that the impedance level at the output of a tube-based circuit stage is usually far higher than at the output of a solid state stage, resulting in greater sensitivity to loading.

That would generally require the addition of at least one dual-section tube and several passive components.

Regards,
-- Al
Al,
Not necessary it would require to have an extra tube for each channel(buffer). Just like in conventional preamp with one main 'out' that can be disconnected from poweramp 'in' I don't see a necessity to have a buffer stage unless you'd like to have both preamp section connected to amp and another set of preamp outputs together.