Ayre V-Kxe and Thiel 2.4s

Anyone heard this combo?

I've been waiting for an appropriately priced Pass Labs 250.5 to pop up, but the wait has made me consider some other alternatives. In my conversations with Pass, they've steered me away from lower power options (e.g., the 150.5), so I'm concerned that the V-Kxe won't have enough power to really push the Thiels. However in reading over the positive Stereophile review of the 2.4s, I think much of the listening was done on the this amp. It does save me quite a bit of cash over the Pass 250.5 though.

Any opinions are welcome (along with other amp suggestions). Thanks folks.
128x128cal3713
Maybe some of the differences in opinions are related to global negative feedback. I had the CJ LP140m which uses a small amount of feedback. Comparing to another 350W no feedback amp that I have, the CJ had tighter bass control despite lower power rating. The macrodynamics of the CJ is compressed comparing to that of the 350 Watter.

I had both Thiel 2.4 and 1.6. The 1.6s are much easier load.
OK, The 2.4s measured 88 dB at 1 watt at 1 meter at 1% THD. The CJ at worst puts out 77 wpc into a nominal 4 Ohm load at 1%. So for most of my listening at 80 to 85 or so, I am using a watt or two.

Unless 1% THD is considered to be clipping...

Look, if it made a difference and improved things SONICALLY I would have GLADLY (yes I initially did the MATH experiment X 3!) kept one of the Musical Fidelity, Krell or CJ (solid sate) integrateds.

I'm done here as I feel I;ve been effective in gettign my points across;

Cal: the Thiel 2.4s are relatively easy to power, it's the quality of the power that makes the difference.
Stevecham, the Thiel 2.4's don't measure at 88 dB 1 Watt at 1 meter. They measure 88 dB 2.83V at 1 meter.
If my understanding is correct(?), if you take into the consideration the actual impedance of the speakers, you'll find that Thiel 2.4's are actually closer to a nominal 83 dB 1 Watt at 1 meter.

http://www.stereophile.com/content/thiel-cs24-loudspeaker-measurements

The 77 Watts wpc into 4 Ohms is what the cj CAV50 can do when only driving one channel. When driving both channels at 1 kHz the power drops to 40 wpc. It's interesting that the power output seems to go up into 20 Hz (a moot point, as that's below the Thiel CS 2.4's capabilities) and also go up at 20 KHz (which the Thiel CS 2.4's are capable of) for those that can hear that high up.

http://www.stereophile.com/content/conrad-johnson-cav50-integrated-amplifier-measurements

Keep in mind that the Thiel CS 2.4's do have a rather challenging phase angle too. Not something that most low powered tube amps tend to appreciate.