Ayre V-Kxe and Thiel 2.4s

Anyone heard this combo?

I've been waiting for an appropriately priced Pass Labs 250.5 to pop up, but the wait has made me consider some other alternatives. In my conversations with Pass, they've steered me away from lower power options (e.g., the 150.5), so I'm concerned that the V-Kxe won't have enough power to really push the Thiels. However in reading over the positive Stereophile review of the 2.4s, I think much of the listening was done on the this amp. It does save me quite a bit of cash over the Pass 250.5 though.

Any opinions are welcome (along with other amp suggestions). Thanks folks.
128x128cal3713
Stevecahm, I've heard an older similarly powered cj tube amp running older 2 series Thiels that were a much, much easier load, and while it could make sounds, those Thiels never could produce all they were capable of with that amplification.
The Pass INT-30A certainly makes absolutely stunning music on the Thiels... but only with certain types of content.
Ayre makes very fine gear....to get the most from it you should run it balanced
Stevecham,
I find you experience interesting with the CJ amplifier.How good is the quality and control of the bass driving the Thiel woofer? what type of music? Is it possible The CJ handles the thiel better than a SS Pass amplifier? Strange things can happen within audio systems sometimes. Could the CJ actually have a better power supply and/or transformers?
As Atkinson noted in his technical review of the CAV50, "On the test bench, the Conrad-Johnson CAV50 delivered a just-to-spec 53Wpc into 8 ohms (17.2dBW) for 1% distortion, midband. Loaded down to 4 ohms, it measured 78Wpc (15.9dBW) single-channel, showing a respectable load tolerance for a tube amplifier. The output rating fell 1dB with both channels driven (eg, to 16dBW, 40Wpc, at 1kHz). At low frequencies (20Hz) the amplifier clipped at 36W (15.6dBW) (which isn't bad), and raised 65W at this frequency into 4 ohms (15.1dBW). At the other end of the audio band, the amp delivered a true 56Wpc at 20kHz into 4 ohms at 1% THD, with 45W available into 8 ohms (16.5dBW). This is a good result, confirming low shunt losses in the output transformer." I have had audiophile friends both of the tube and solid state culture, listen to this system and they all are impressed by the results. I get decent bass response, not up the level of my Krell/Thiel CS6 system, but convincing enough, and the notes are felt as well as heard. Incredible midrange and high end. I think it's the power supply and the output trannies that make this amp a gem.