Differential from source to pre but not amp?

I am researching preamps and wondering if should go with differential connections. I know there are sonic benefits from going fully differential from source to pre to amp, but my amp, an Odyssey Khartago, only has RCA inputs. I have a cd transport and dac that have differential xlr outs, so would there be any benefit to spending the extra money for a preamp with xlr connections even though my amp doesn't have them? One benefit is that it allows me the flexibility to upgrade to an amp with xlr inputs in the future, but this is null since my next upgrade will be to a tube pre and amp, which will definitely be fully differential. The tube system is part of a long term plan, so this SS system will be with me for a while and I'd like to squeeze the best sound out of it I can.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
rischa
An added bonus of fully balanced differential operation, is that the interconnect cables variations are less noticeable than running SE. Meaning that many of the high $$ RCA style cables sound differences are negated when running balanced (probably due to the lower impedance interactions)This allows the use of more garden variety cables -like Mogami and Canare which sound wonderful in true balanced but much less so when used single ended.
I should point out that to take advantage of the ability of balanced lines to be immune to the cost and length of the cable, the source driving the cable should conform to the balanced standard.

If not, you may be able to run the balanced connection but still be subject to the sound of the cable itself. The whole point behind the creation of the balanced line system was to prevent the interconnect cable from having an effect on the sound.

Keep in mind also that in high end audio, the balanced standard is not understood or recognized by a good number of players that offer balanced products. In the case of preamps, most solid state preamps do support the standard, but to the best of my knowledge, only 2 tube preamps support it, and both are made by the same manufacturer.
"Rischa
Ah, thank you, this is exactly what I'm wondering. So, with this in mind, I might as well save some scratch and go with the less expensive preamp."

Right, so just stick with single ended all the way thru with your solid state system.

Interconnects,

XLR from pre-amp to amp, one can still easily hear if a cable is capable of higher resolution vs another cable. (among other sonic attributes)

XLR from source to pre-amp, not easy to find a good sonic match. I find that I usually prefer single ended cables from the source. Much more sonic variety to chose from.