Bi-Amping 2 Interconnects or Y Cable?

Hi there I am about to buy another MF-200 amp and I was wondering about using a Y Cable VS. 2 Pair RCA's.

Obviously a Y Cable is cheaper but will I have any issues come with using it VS. another Pair of RCA's as I cant really ever get around to buying cables in the first place.

Also does anyone know of a good highend Y Cable?

Thanks as always

Toby
128x128systembuilder
Thanks, Al. I didn't mean to suggest a mis-match, only that IME it can change the sound, usually a reduction in bass impact.
IME it can change the sound, usually a reduction in bass impact.
Hi Dan,

Yes, that's exactly what will happen under some circumstances. The voltage divider effect that occurs between preamp output impedance and amp input impedance will approximately double in significance if the amp's input channels are paralleled. That will approximately double the severity of the deep bass rolloff that will occur if the preamp has a coupling capacitor in series with its output (which most tube preamps and some solid state preamps have), the rolloff occurring because the capacitor's impedance rise at low frequencies increases the severity of the voltage divider effect at those frequencies.

In the case of a solid state preamp working into 25K, though, I wouldn't expect any of that to be quantitatively significant.

Best regards,
-- Al